Thursday, March 12, 2009

Could This Be The Final Blog ???

It's officially over. While my desire to continue with this blog was high, recent developments have made me rethink my decision. When I began blogging, it was based on a desire to minimize the number of emails I sent out - emails I believe that some people never read. I wanted this blog to provide a light-hearted and off beat approach to serious problems and issues. Unfortunately, we live in an ever more litigious society and with the "standards" of large companies, I often felt I was walking along the edge of a cliff.

My beliefs don't always coincide well with people "above me", and I felt the possible risks were becoming too great. As I explained to one person, "what's the sense in blogging and telling you what I believe you should do if I get fired for doing it and you cannot ask me what to do". It pains me to say so, but for now my blogging days are over.

However, who is to say that an anonymous blog under a covert name and new blog address couldn't appear at some point in the future...

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I believe it no longer says Amtrak on the side. Best wishes to an end of this mess and look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: